Single Tank Wing Opinions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

El Orans:
I only use 12L/200 bar, 30 is sufficient for me.

I agree! Especially if you use a trilam suit. Many of these american dudes use aluminium tanks, and that turns all our european ideas upside down :D

Another vote for the Dive Rite Venture wing. I've used it with everything from AL80's to steel 120's and found plenty of lift.

With the steel backplate I was able to drop a lot of weight (lot more than the six lbs of the plate). In one suit/tank combo that I use often, I went from 24 to 12 lbs. I guess the padding of my old BC had a lot of flotation built in.

I also have a Dive Rite backplate and rec wing. I use it with a 108 steel tank and compressed neoprene drysuit. works great and no air trapping problems.

If it helps at all, here's a list of wings (at the bottom of the page below BP's) that I've put together along with some of their features.

Personally I've used a DR Venture and a Halcyon Pioneer 27#. Both nice wings, but my preference leans toward the Pioneer. I like the inflator and how small it folds up for traveling (about a 2x4x6" package)

Have fun deciding :)

Aloha, Tim

kidspot:
If it helps at all, here's a list of wings (at the bottom of the page below BP's) that I've put together along with some of their features.

Personally I've used a DR Venture and a Halcyon Pioneer 27#. Both nice wings, but my preference leans toward the Pioneer. I like the inflator and how small it folds up for traveling (about a 2x4x6" package)

Have fun deciding :)

Aloha, Tim
Aloha Tim ...

Is there a link to the list you mentioned?

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Probably more lift than you're looking for, but I'm diggin my Oxycheq 45# Signature. I'd imagine the 30# is just as good.

stackingreasyBBs:
Probably more lift than you're looking for, but I'm diggin my Oxycheq 45# Signature. I'd imagine the 30# is just as good.
Yep ... I have one of each ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Back
Top Bottom