Size 15 Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

those might be ok for snorkeling but are not suitable for scuba where you're pushing a bunch of gear through the water. And while scuba isn't a race, situations often happen where you need more power.

Also, depending where you would be diving, full foot style fins like those may or may not be suitable. For scuba, wearing booties with adjustable strap heel fins is more versatile and probably more common. That also gets you a fair amount of adjustment for size, so if your foot/bootie fits comfortably in the pocket, length of your foot is less of an issue.

Fins can be a good thing to buy used and get a deal, so if you find something appropriate that comes in your size check out eBay. Lots of older fins are perfectly fine and as good as the latest fins with all sorts of gimmicks.

I feel your pain. I wear a size 16 shoe. I use the Aqualung Blades II. It is more expensive than the ones that you posted but, considerably less expensive than a lot of fins on the market. They are stiff enough and large enough to move my big self through the water. I also agree that open heel fins and booties are a much more sensible choice. Its nice to be able to walk to the water with shoes on and not have to hop around in my bare feet.

AquaLung Blades II Flex Open Heel Fins (just one I found)

Back
Top Bottom