Sizing impossible for tall people!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am 6'4 and 240 lbs, and my hips and gut are wider than my chest- I have had decent luck with Pinnacle. I haven't tried Bare. In the past, O'Neal XL Tall suits fit me when I was closer to 200 lbs. I believe that Mares does not fit taller people very well.

You might also look at wearing a shorty under the jumpsuit, and this should work in warm water as well if you wear a 2mm shorty under a 3/2 or 3mm jumpsuit. Since you are tall and thin you will probably need more insulation than other people anyway.

Does your shop sell DUI? 'Cause their suits are really long. My xl is about 8 ft long but the torso is designed to be folded down so its just the right length for my shortness

The shop I go to has henderson suits and some other off name. None of them really fit the way I'd like. all I have are my old suits from when I was younger and surfed. I have a wetsuit top that I bought for surfing but it won't be enough for diving. I'll have to check some other shops and see about some online places. Thanks for the suggestions.

I am 6'1" and 160 lb, so I have the same problem. None of the stock sizes fit very well. You will probably have to get a custom suit. I am probably going to buy a suit from Wetwear soon.

www.wetwear.com

I can't believe Pinnacle was brought up... I have always found that their suits are stubby. I like their quality and would like to get their suits but it's impossible because can't find tall enough without all the extra chest and belly space. Then again I talk from women's side, maybe on men's sizing it's different but I have heard the same complaint several times...

I would vote for the Italian suits as well. I have had good luck with their slim cuts too, namely with Cressi and Mares.

BeachJunkie:
Excellent. Thanks for the input everyone. I'll check out the brands and sizes everyone listed. I was just goin off what I saw at my lds and some of the generic sizings and size charts I found online.
I'm 6'3", 190. 42L suit coats, sometimes 40L.

I fit a Henderson InstaDry stock large quite nicely. The legs are a tad short (barely overlap my booties) but other than that, which is really not a huge concern for me, I've been very happy with the fit.

I find with wetsuits in general, height is less critically important than other measures. A possible exception to this, depending on the length of your torso, would be a semi-dry with attached hood. (I'm long in the leg at 36" inseam, so this is not an issue for me)

If you have the money to buy a Henderson, then you have the money to buy a custom wetsuit from www.liquidfit.com There prices are just about the same, sometimes even lower. Be sure to tell her that you're from the Scuba Board.
SWT

6'2", 175 lbs., 32" waist, 41" chest

Have the Pinnacle Seal and Titanium 7/5mm in Med Tall - both fit and perform great.

Back
Top Bottom