Sizing impossible for tall people!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Anyone want to make a recommendation specific to Tall Bill: 6'6", 235 lbs.

Inseam 36" crotch to floor, actual chest and gut 44". (Hmmm...so why do 36" waist jeans fit? Ha! I think I know!)

Waterproof wetsuits come in a 3XL-T which is for 6'4", 50" chest, 52" waist, 50" hips, 33" crotch-to-ankle.

Anyone want to make a recommendation specific to Tall Bill: 6'6", 235 lbs.

Inseam 36" crotch to floor, actual chest and gut 44". (Hmmm...so why do 36" waist jeans fit? Ha! I think I know!)

I'm 6'7", 235, 36" waist x 36" inseam w/ 38" sleeves & 46" chest. My answer is WetWear (custom).... no other way around it but a custom...

and worth every penny

For tall people! Henderson offers a semi-custom (add length to legs and arms, not to the torso):

Size Chart | Special Fit Information

The Henderson thing sounds perfect to me. Every single piece of clothing I own has sleeves and / or legs that are too short. O, happy day!

I thought about custom, but as this is my first wetsuit, and only 3mm, I don't want to take the plunge --- ooooops, sorry!

- Bill

I feel your pain. 25 years ago I had to do a custom just to do my open waters (spring time with water temps a balmy 42 on the surface). Years later, a custom dry suit, and recently a new wet suit. Sucks big time when others just walk into a store and get some deal off the rack. A quality suit will last a good time if cared for properly, likely better than a mass produced one, and a proper fit makes the diving experience so much more enjoyable.

Your other choice is to just dive in the really warm tropics. That can get really expensive....

6'3 210 myself and oddly enough the bare (ATR-HD) large was one of the nicest fitting suits I've ever had. I should point out I was around 190lbs when it fit like a glove with winter thermals but I did have to scrunch a bit to get the neck seal over my head, but once it was on it felt like a custom cut. Now I'm a little fatter and my new Bare is a large-tall and fits great.

I'm 6'4 and 205 and the Bare XLT fits great. I have a 3mm and 7mm. I have a 44 chest and 40 waist

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom