Slipstream/Jet fin in OW?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubastud16

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
So I'm looking for a new fin, and I'm amazed out how cheap these fins are. I also hear great things from buddies, etc. I want to know how these bad boys (jets, slipstreams, turtles, etc.) work in OW with current? I do just as much salt water diving on reefs/wrecks with currents as I do in the springs around here.

Will I be dieing by the end of the dive due to exertion? I currently use Tusa Tri-Ex's.

Thanks!

Danny

What's a TUSA? N

the jets work for me,just wished they made a inbetween size between xl and xxl.

I absolutely love my slipstreams. I came from diving quatros. My primary kick is a frog, so that might make a difference. I don't feel fatigued after a long dive with the paddle fins. They have tons of power, so a good strong kick probably takes more energy, but you get more pop per kick. I have pretty stong legs but I can't imagine that it would make much of a difference. As long as you have decent form and can use the fins efficiently, you will be fine. At least give them a try- you'll be shocked at how much snap the good paddle fins have. Just my $.02

N;

Not sure if that's sarcasm or not. Just incase:

http://www.divecrew.co.uk/images/impres tri ex.bmp

It was, good call, sorry.

Here is the answer to the OPs question, what fin has been in use since 1963 and is used by more serious divers, professional divers and tech divers in all conditions from the caves of Florida to the lava tubes of Hawaii to the Arctic seas and from the Great Lakes to the Mediterranian --- all over the world than any other?

The answer is the ScubaPro JetFin. The TUSA is here today and gone tommorow and meanwhile I betcha twenty years from now people will still know what a JetFin is and will still be using them and their answer if asked as to a TUSA will be, "whats a TUSA?"

JetFin, the fin I love to hate or hate to love.

5610_1.jpg

N

the jets work for me,just wished they made a inbetween size between xl and xxl.

They do ... they're called Turtles ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I just tossed a pair of fins from my last dive and dug around in the garage to find the US Divers Jetfins this last weekend to put some new straps on them. I am starting to see a lot of the original equipment come back to the sport, or at least still being used so I guess that some of the new multicolored stuff with all the fancy names is going to be showing up at yard sales and swap meets soon enough !

Back
Top Bottom