Slipstream/Jet fin in OW?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have used jets in a few of my last dives and find it to be the single best fin period! Yet there are people who wont benefit from them. You need lower body strength to work the jets and they weigh like BRICKS! If you are not a strong swimmer or lack lower body strength then they would not feel as good.

I have yet to try Jets as the people that have them that I could try either have feet too big or too small. I have the super rockets and they work well for me. And yes with spring straps. I'd like to try a set of jets as my primary interest is wreck diving. For ow I also from time to time use a set of the original AL blades. These work very well in ow and are ok for frog and back kicking but not as efficient as the rockets. Problem is they are very long and don't pack as well. My super rockets take up little space in my gear and in fact for tropical all my gear will fit in a backpack from oceanic that will fit in the overhead. Fins strapped to the outside and everything else in the bag (BPW, regs, comp &BT, back up lights and skin or polaretch suit).

My experince has been that the SP jet fins are MUch better than the US diver Rockets.

But for most scuba diving I have now gone to the full foot long free dive fin. I can cover greater distances with less effort and faster than with jet fins

My experince has been that the SP jet fins are MUch better than the US diver Rockets.

But for most scuba diving I have now gone to the full foot long free dive fin. I can cover greater distances with less effort and faster than with jet fins

Can you Frog Kick with those long fins?

An interview with Dick Bonin. He talks a bit about how Scubapro came to have the Jet Fin:

Fathoms Online Magazine for underwater enthusiasts

I find it very interesting that Dick Bonin is now using Atomic split fins. He did mention that he still have some Jet Fins around.
But, Frogman do not frog-kick...lol.

Very interesting article.
I worked with three different Scubapro dealers from 1971 to about 1981.

why ya in such a hurry?
:D

So he can zoom out and see all of the sea creatures hanging just beyond the viz line that all of the divers hovering around the anchor line have frightened away and therefore don't get to see--maybe? Just a guess.

N

Is it correct that Beuchat produced at one time a full-foot version of the Jet Fin? Has anyone ever seen a pair of these?
Are you still looking for a pair of these? I happen to own them, but I'm not a diver, so they are just laying around... I understand these are quite rare, so would be nice if they go to someone that can appreciate these vintage cool looking Tarzan's!🙂

Hope to hear from you or someone else who's interested. Have a great weekend

Are you still looking for a pair of these? I happen to own them, but I'm not a diver, so they are just laying around... I understand these are quite rare, so would be nice if they go to someone that can appreciate these vintage cool looking Tarzan's!🙂

Hope to hear from you or someone else who's interested. Have a great weekend
Ha, the thread is over 16 years old, good one :). Best of luck.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom