Slob knob

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MrMojo

Reaction score
Hi All,
I,m just getting into this twinset business and bought a used pair of 10 ltr twins manifolded and banded but instead of an isolator knob it has a slob knob (remote).As some one new to practasing shut downs is this an advantage or hindrence.Before using i want to get them O2 leaned so am considering getting a rubber knob replaced at the same time.I am yet to test the twins in water but even on land it seems really hard to shut down the isolator with the remote .I am pretty flexiable even in my dry suit and feel with the right positioning of my rig i should be able to do shut down drills.Any advice or comments from any one who uses a remote would be grateful.I understand this may be an extra failure point so please don't jump on that.

REGARDS,

MAL..

I don't use the remote... so I can't comment on its use.

You should have no trouble in doing iso shut downs without the remote. Get the knob and ebay the remote.

If you have a leak behind your head and you shut down say the right post but the leak doesn't stop you just open the right post and then move your hand over and isolate. Reaching for the remote just complicates matters... besides we all know what it is like trying to find the remote for the television. :D

definitely ditch the slob knob. Its a solution to a non-existant problem, you'll be much happier with a proper knob :)

WW

Thanks guys,
Actually UP you are not wrong about finding the remote its bungeed to the side of the tank which looks like it could be easy to move round and lose at the wrong time,also when i've tried tunring it ,it all seems to twist up and really hard to turn on/off.
My mind was really made up before i posted but i thought this guy must have put it on for a reason and was hoping someone could have convinced me otherwise to it's virtues.
Northeast i was thinking of getting one of those rubber tactile knobs and there supposed to be abit bigger
:blush:

Cheers guys,

MAL..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom