SM and rec charters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tegg, when you sidemount with a single cylinder do you add a second stage for your buddy?

I have 1 first stage and 2 seconds for myself or buddy. No different then any other OW diver.

SM diving isn't familiar to a lot of operators especially here in Asia. When I tried out my sm gear at Koh Tao, even the boat man commented that he's never seen anything like it and the other dms were looking at me like "what the heck am I suppose to do if something goes wrong?".

I would however, make a point of contacting the dive operator to ask if they are willing to let you dive sm in the first place. I know that dive masters at koh tao were willing to let me do so albeit, with some curiosity lol!

As they are concerned with your safety, it would be prudent to at demonstrate some competency with the gear so at least they don't worry too much.

SangP

I'll post a video after this weekend of myself diving the rig with a wetsuit. So that people can see more about what it entails in the water...

Tegg:

With the tank hanging on one side how did you keep your yaw in check? I think that is the term for a boat that is listing to one side.

Tegg:

With the tank hanging on one side how did you keep your yaw in check? I think that is the term for a boat that is listing to one side.

It's actually very easy when it's just a single AL80...

Think of it like this... when diving backmount and having 2 stages trimmed properly on one side does it affect the yaw? It shouldn't.

:)

Tegg: did you ever get that video ?

Tegg: did you ever get that video ?
Think he flew out of Orlando on his way to Rome this morning, doubt you'll see him for a week or so :crafty:

Back
Top Bottom