smallest low profile mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mayastig

Contributor
Reaction score
ok my mask is pretty old, i bought it for snorkeling a couple years ago. its not low profile because when pinching my nose to equalize, there is a lot of space. ive tried some low profile masks and the silicone molds around my nose perfectly. im also wearing a hooded vest, and it seems tiresome to have to put the edges of my hood over the silicone so that the mask is touching my skin. what are the smallest low profile masks around?

Sphera is a longtime favorite with freedivers

While all the masks listed are good, Sporasub is introducing a new mask called the Instinct Star near the end of February in the US. This mask is extremely low volume. The excellent quality about this mask is the wide field of vision without comprimising volume. While going through the process of selecting your new mask I suggest this is not one to over look.

Zak

The Sporasub Samurai is a real small mask as well. I have one for my son who is nine and it fits him perfectly. It is too small for me. By the way, Zak, can't wait to get my hands on that new mask from Sporasub.

freediver,

Good to read you again. I have to preface with fit is first, then function, as you already know. But... I think this mask will fit most which is great. I've been freediving a long time and generally don't get too excited about new freediving stuff. When I was introduced to this mask, I was pumped! It is in my humble opinion the best I've ever worn! I'm not going to talk about why, you just have to try it and see for yourself. There is a lot of innovation in this mask which makes it great. I took it to Mexico for the winter holidays and dove it for several hours. Hands down my favorite. I hope you like it as much as I do. Please be sure to ask wherever you acquire your gear if they will be stocking this mask. Some stores don't stock freediving masks because they sometimes don't sell as fast as traditional scuba masks. Perhaps with enough demand this might change. Besides this mask can certainly transcend into scuba ...

P.S. Sorry again about the foot pockets.

Zak

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom