SMART from Swatch/Mercedes!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justleesa:
Math time!

I drive about 8000 miles a year. With my current car I get +/- 16 mpg = +/- 500 Gallons at $3.20 a gallon = $1600 = over 5 years $8000

Smart = 8000miles / 69mpg = +/-116 Gallons $3.20 a gallon = $372 = over 5 years $1860

Over 5 years, if gas would stay the same, it would save me over $6000 = almost half paying for itself

True ... but it's still pricey I think ... since 13k is a base price and they go up to 35k according to the website ... Not that I wouldn't consider one, since they are priced down there with the new Scion's ... but I'm cheap... probably why I still drive my 89' nissan p/u with 175,000 miles on it .... :wink:

Aloha, Tim

They do seem quite sturdy, though as one friend of mine pointed out, they will easily be overlooked on the road, as are Motorcycles and Bicycles (around here at least) making them more likely to need the "impact" resistence...

Not trying to say they are a bad idea, I'm glad to see another option on the road...

Aloha, Tim

btw - does anyone remember those Honda's in the early 80's that got 50-60mpg? Whatever happened to high mpg vehicles?

I don't think I can get all the stuff I "need" into that little thing.

kidspot:
one word .... "trailer" :wink:
LOL, I've got a 16' Prowler camp trailer. I can just picture it!

I want one! Think I'll fit?? :D (6'2", 364 lbs.)

858437460_l.jpg

LOL! Maybe, if you can get one with a sunroof!

Have you ever watched Police Academy (the first one)? There was a scene where they put this big guy in a Honda Civic. Had to take out the doors. It was hilarious!

Looks like Germany's answer to the Mini Cooper

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom