Smoker :(

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you need another reason to quit, just think of the buddy air share where you donate a disgusting ashtray second stage to a non smoker. That's enough to make a non smoker into a solo diver! Or make people not want to dive with you.

Guess the OP's question is answered. All proceed to Pub?

Who said you'd need to go deep? You could try shallow dives. Listen to your body and dive accordingly.
Oh... Where's the pub? :cheers:

Greeting Richard,
I used the diving to help me to encourage me to live a healthy life style.
I loved to smoke, have a few or more drinks, eat crazy, etc. you get the idea! Just a normal guy!
What I discovered was that I loved SCUBA more!

The experience with your son will change your life my friend!
Take the time to make sure you two grow together!
That is all the reason you need!
Hang in there when it gets tough, drink water like crazy, walk / run, exercise sweat it out!
You can do it, when your skin crawls, you can taste a smoke, and you get that crazy twitch just keep walking.
It gets better, easier every time you deny the urge!
It is mind over body, YOU ARE THE MASTER OF YOURS!

CamG

Just as a note, I quit smoking cold turkey the night before my first check out dive in Belize.(pats self on back) Im 56 and was a pretty heavy smoker. The effed up thing was that a few months later my doc said I had COPD. Well that wasn't totally contraindicated either and she gave me an emergency inhaler that I used every six hours or so. A couple of days before my last trip to roatan, I changed to a daily dose of advair and now its all good. That said, maybe you can use diving as a good reason to quit!

Congrats on the your baby boy (?) and quitting smoking. Perhaps I will finally pull the trigger on my find. cmr

Congrats, now stay away from the smokes and get diving!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom