Sneaky scuba purchases

Multiple answers allowed!

• My SO knows how much I spend and doesn't mind (lucky!)

Votes: 26 37.7%
  • My SO doesn't know how much I spend and would freak if he/she knew

Votes: 22 31.9%
  • My SO has had a "talk" with me about my purchases

Votes: 10 14.5%
  • Even I don't know how much I've spent! Just buy it, baby!

Votes: 18 26.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rick Inman:
My wife doesn't dive, but supports my interests 200%. If I rip a neck seal she wants to buy me a new dry suit. I tell her I just need a new seal. She says it never hurts to have a back-up dry suit. I tell her we can't afford it. She says we'll make do.
She says, let's make sure we go on vacation where you can dive every day. She loves to go with me to every dive and sit on the beach/boat. She budgets it in. This year we settled on Kona.
"How much are the boat dives?" she asks. I tell her I'll do beach dives and save money. She goes on line and says, "Here's a good deal on a package of 10 dives including the Manta night dive. Want me to email them to see if you can solo? I know how you hate to be toured around in a group."
"No," I tell her, "Kona has great shore dives."
"At least do the manta night dive. I know you want to do that."
"Yeah, thanks."
The house needs panting. She says, if we wait until next year I can get that new BP/wings/reg/weight system I've been looking at. But I know she really wants the house painted, so I'll wait.
Oh yes, it's more than just luck....

You want to make a trade on your SO?

My wife encourages me to dive but renovating the house is a priority in both our lives. I have made some significant purchases on the sly (like a computer), after which I get an earful, but she lets it slide if I actually use it...

My "SO" may be a diver, but she doesnt get having more than one BCD, reg, set of flippers, etc. She has her rig and that's all she wants. She'll replace something if it tears up, but I like to have gear to fit the diving I'll be doing. Fortunately, she like to buy shoes so I always have ground to stand on :icosm08:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom