Sneezing...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

On my second OW pool dive, I must have sneezed 30 times. I developed the urge underwater, and just sneezed through the reg. No problem....

Yes, one can blow their nose underwater. I do it on most dives near the end so I don't surface with brains on my face. As for sneezing, there are many different types of sneezes. Some folks sound like they've set off a small explosive charge, others you can barely hear. Some you're not sure if they've actually sneezed. Some produce lots of material, others none at all. Don't expect it to be different underwater. When I sneeze, it usually just results in a cleared mask. If you spend much time underwater, you will eventually sneeze.

erparamedic:
this chick will NEVER do the warhammer!!

I hope not, that photo shows horrible technique.

I've sneezed underwater, but I'm a dry-nose sneezer, so no mask goo. I held my reg in and sneezed through it, noting that the sneeze duration was slightly extended by the constriction of the reg.

Ive sneezed plenty of times underwater. Nothing happens out of the ordinary.

May want to flood your mask to rinse out snot but thats about the worst that happens.

I've sneezed thousands of times underwater. If you feel it coming on, just get ready and do it. It's no big deal, most of the sneeze should go through your mouth, around your reg mouth piece if necessary. Blowing your nose U/W should be taught to everyone in their first open water class. it's an important "skill" to know and you shouldn't be afraid or ashamed of it. Blowing your nose will help with equalization and comfort and will improve your ability to clear your mask.

AAAHHHHH-CCHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

There goes another one!

WH my god is that funny

erparamedic:
OH NO!!! One had to ask!!! LOL How's the "nice" way to say it....

It's the bodily function opposite of pee! LOL One may say "deficating".

Ok, ok... since you're new here, and it's surely an honest question from you... here's a link.... VIEW WITH CAUTION!!! (I copied this from another SB thread!)

http://www.mnscuba.com/yabbse/index.php?board=20;action=display;threadid=586

Welcome to SB Ricky!

BUT my thread is supposed to be about SNEEZING!!! LOL

(I should have never mentioned the "other"!! LOL)

OMG that is the funniest thing I have ever seen! :rofl3:

I don't know who is worse: the guy doing it, or the one taking the picture.

TOM

Why on gods green earth did i click the link to the warhammer explanation..

Now, on topic; Yes, ive sneezed underwater. I got water in my mask, along with a little snot.. Emptied the mask and didnt have any noticeable snot left in it afterwards (thank god). Didnt lose my regulator, but then again, I automatically did what i normally do when i sneeze.. put my hand up to cover my mouth and nose, so the reg wouldnt have gone anywhere regardless..

shaka dog - i always feel the need to blow my nose before i come up but havent quite figured it out. im not sure how ive gotten this far without figuring it out. can you enlighten us please? i hate surfacing with a mask full of goo. thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom