Snorkeling in Curacao?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hello, guys. Has anyone been snorkeling in Curacao? Would you like to share your experience with us?

Had a great time snorkeling at Marie Pompon. Lots of little squid and bunches of reef fish.

We were avid snorkelers before we became divers in 2011. Planned our whole vacation around it. I found the snorkeling at Curacao to be so-so. There are fish and squid and sometimes turtles, but there is not much in the way of a shallow reef system. Curacao itself is beautiful and the beaches are stunning. Here is where I have snorkeled:

Akumal, MX and surrounding Riveria Maya (one week long trip and several cruise stops) 2007, 2008, 2010
Roatan - 2x 2007 & 2010
Belize off Caye Caulker 1x 2010
Grand Cayman - 2x 2010 & 2002
Cozumel -2x, 2010 & 2002
St. John, USVI 2012

I would rate all of these places above Curacao based on snorkeling alone. We were there for two days on the way to and from Bonaire and our mission was to snorkel all the "best" spots.

Curacao isn't the best snorkeling, but if you know where to go and go of the beaten track you will find some great snorkeling spots.

Interested to hear what off the beaten path spots you would reccommend. We drove up and down and all around hitting spots recommended on several forums.

The cliff around Shon Moza, the shallow reef of Largu and the cliff/reef of Hundu. This are my favorite spots for snorkeling.

In my opinion, the snorkeling on Curacao was mediocre. I guess it depends on what you are compare it to. It has a lot of nice reefs that are too deep for snorkeling ( good dive sites) We have snorkeled at : Akumal, big island Hawaii, Kauai, Contadora (Panama), Roatan, Utila, Vieques, Culebra, Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao, Cuba

Back
Top Bottom