Snorkeling in Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reefraker97

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I've snorkeled in Florida before. Though I didn't snorkel the keys, I did find a wonderful place to snorkel. The grass flats just off Egmont Key is a great place to snorkel and look at the interesting animals that live in the sea grass. you can see crab, mussels, fish, oyster and clams, and other small aquatic animals. so if your ever planning on snorkeling in Florida, visit the grass flats by Egmont!

Visit some of the springs in Florida: Ginnie Springs, Troy Springs, Manatee Springs(swim with the Manatee), Itchatuknee Springs, Rainbow Springs and many more.

One of our instructors worked for a summer down in the Keys and said some of the areas around Big Pine were amazing!

My daughter and her friend will be in Florida for Spring Break. She wants to take her friend snorkeling. My daughter has snorkeled before, but her friend has never seen the ocean. Is there a place near Nokomis, Sarasota or Venice Beach where they could snorkel and actually see something?
Thanks!

There is a tour operator that does tours to Egmont Key, they allow snorkling by the pier where there is plenty of sealife. They also allow snorkling by the submerged ruins of the fort on the gulf side. Adventure cruises 727- 423-4247. Ive never used them but ive seen them out there quite a bit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom