Snorklers unite!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ewilhelm

New
Reaction score
My wife and I are both 69, like to snorkel where there's coral, and here in upper NYS, not much! We went to St. John last spring, and want to try somewhere else. Starting to look at Bonaire and that area. Any hints? At first I was looking at Belize, until I found out the coral isn't shore side, it requires a boat ride.

Maybe post on Snorkeling & Freediving forum just above New Divers, etc.
Funny you should mention St. John. I snorkeled there 6 years before I was a certified diver-- on a cruise the last week of 1999. Found lots of great Turban shells there.

Might look at Curacao…plenty of beach entries with shallow bays and cliff faces. :clearmask:

Snorkelers from Splash Dive in Placencia, Belize go out in the same boat as divers, at least they did when we were there. Snorkelers are dropped off at a caye. Divers return to the caye after the first dive for a hot lunch, with snorkelers. Divers do second dive, pick up snorkelers and return to the shop. A nice day if you don't mind the longer boat ride.

I snorkeled Dominica many years ago and was dazzled.

Back
Top Bottom