Snow in Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Seriously, you folks are under strict mandate to fix this temp problem before I get there...

Hey Elena!

A couple of local folks posted pics of Blue Heron Bridge on FB from Saturday. With the water temp being about 30 degrees warmer than the air, you can see the steam rising. :shakehead:

"you can see the steam coming off the water.... air was 30 degrees colder than the water..." Al Audet

"Diving in air temps of 40's in water temps of 70's makes for a little fog to come steaming up from the Davy Jones." Tom Croonquist

Hey Elena!

A couple of local folks posted pics of Blue Heron Bridge on FB from Saturday. With the water temp being about 30 degrees warmer than the air, you can see the steam rising. :shakehead:

"you can see the steam coming off the water.... air was 30 degrees colder than the water..." Al Audet

"Diving in air temps of 40's in water temps of 70's makes for a little fog to come steaming up from the Davy Jones." Tom Croonquist

those are some awsome pic's i wish i coulda went and seen it

I had 1/2" of ice atop everything exposed that would hold or collect water on Monday morning at the construction project I am working on across the street from the Miami International Airport.
The guys were picking up sheets of the stuff in 12"-18" squares and tossing it at one another.
It was 27 degrees in Kendall, about 10-15 miles south of where we were that morning.
It was really something.
I have been living in South Florida since 1968 and other than a little frost and 1/16" of ice on a windshield along the coast, I have never seen anything like this.
Chug
Ready for summer......

In Toronto, the grocery stores have signed posted that due to the weather in Florida, citrus fruit supplies may be interrupted.

So any crop damage in FL, would definitely affect us here.

--

OTOH, those of you that haven't seen snow, or don't know what snow is: Come up to Toronto. I'll show you how much fun it is to be shovelling snow in the driveways :D - my driveway. It'll be an unforgetable experience.

Hey Elena!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=2457115&id=659759195

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3327925&id=526297544

:shocked2: Guess I'd better keep that drysuit...It's not the water, it's getting out and becoming insta-popsicle.

Elena, most definitely keep it. I am saving up to buy one at the end of the summer for next winter. I promised myself I would dive this winter, and I have a wetsuit, but it's just not enough for cold winter days and surface interval breezes.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom