So how hard would it be....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well I have a fairly large pond, no good for diving, real bad vis and only about 12' deep, but I thought it would be super cool to build something like this.

I like the concrete idea, but conctere with air in it will float, and it will also soak up water and leak through, mold and other green stuff would grow nicely in there.

Septic tanks make of concrete have to be filled with water before they are buried... because if it rains, the tank will float up, even when buried, they also make barges out of concrete because you can get it to float easily.

Ancors on the bottom would prolly be best.

I do like the idea of build above and sink.

The other think I was thinking of would be some kind of door on the bottom, just a simple one, even a grate, to keep the snapping turtles and beavers out.

So it would have to be concrete or metal.. would wouldn't last too long, and fiberglass is way to boyand... unless you find a nice way to ancor it to the bottom, a wood frame with a fiberglass shell would be really nice.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom