So Torn, Im sorry!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dacruz831

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Ok first off so sorry for alllll the questions!!
First week of September would you take a 6 hour flight to Cancun then ferry to Cozumel for diving or a 14 hour flight to Curaçao ?
I’m a brand new diver traveling alone and will be there for a week.

Cozumel.

CZ is a good time, airplanes are not. The bag drag from CN to PDC is fun for me. PDC food is great.

As a new diver traveling alone, also think about Bonaire and staying at a dive dedicated resort......or even better, consider Little Cayman Beach Resort!

Grenada made my list. But havent been there yet.

Also single occupancy diver. Some places are cool about that, some charge too much extra.

AKR at Roatan had good rates/experience ratio as well.

As a new diver, Curacao is a great choice. You can shore dive or boat dive. It's well worth the journey and you're out of the hurricane area in September.

The drift diving in Cozumel can be a challenge and sometimes rough for a new diver. I was in Cancun in January, and the road in and out of the airport is under construction for several miles, and there's a lot of traffic delays. I've only done the Cancun-Playa Del Carmen-ferry to Cozumel once and I'll never do it again. It's the worst way to get to Cozumel. You can fly to Cozumel with a connection in Dallas with American Airlines, plus, more airlines are flying there this year.

If you really have less than 25 dives I think the diving in Curacao or Bonaire would be a lot easier and more appropriate for your experience level.

And by the way flying into Cancun, taking the ADO bus to Playa Del Carmen, walk downhill about 3 blocks to the ferry, getting on ferry to go to Cozumel, getting cab to your hotel is easy and not to be avoided if it is convenient in the future.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom