So Torn, Im sorry!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I’m a brand new diver traveling alone and will be there for a week.
I have been to both Cozumel and Curacao, and my opinion is a week for a brand new diver is better spent in Cozumel. Curacao isn't worth the extra travel time. It's a big place, with highways and city stuff. Scuba is a small part of it. Cozumel can still feel like a relatively laid-back Mexican town if you avoid the main drag. And scuba diving is a big part of it.

Ok first off so sorry for alllll the questions!!
First week of September would you take a 6 hour flight to Cancun then ferry to Cozumel for diving or a 14 hour flight to Curaçao ?
I’m a brand new diver traveling alone and will be there for a week.
Do you shore dive or boat dive? Curacao and Bonaire are the place to go for shore diving where you can run your own schedule.

What ab
I have been to both Cozumel and Curacao, and my opinion is a week for a brand new diver is better spent in Cozumel. Curacao isn't worth the extra travel time. It's a big place, with highways and city stuff. Scuba is a small part of it. Cozumel can still feel like a relatively laid-back Mexican town if you avoid the main drag. And scuba diving is a big part of
i
Do you shore dive or boat dive? Curacao and Bonaire are the place to go for shore diving where you can run your own schedule
I will be alone so probably boat and guided shore dives.

What ab

i

I will be alone so probably boat and guided shore dives.
Then you may as well go to Coz or start hitting Monterey and finding a buddy. VRBO house and a truck/ unlimited air package from Dive Bus are a bargain they also can drive and guide you to many sites there.

I've done a dive trip in Cozumel once, and in Puerto Morelos (between Cancun and Playa Del Carmen) once. I've found that the dive ops do take care of more inexperienced divers. Drift diving will not be a problem, but you may find re-boarding the dive boats to be, umm, entertaining...

I had a mid-life crisis a while back, and went to Roatan. Based on limited data, that's where I go back whenever I can, even if the airlines don't want to let me get there. So, throw that into your pool of candidates...

Note that I travel solo, and make 'instant buddy' at the destination.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom