So, What's new with Dive Rite???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh, and why not scrape the pad for the backplate and add something like the Halcyon and Oxycheq have - the storage pack.

What expansion area are we talking about on the classic wing?

KVdiver:
The Classic wing can be had with either assembly; elbow or RE. As for three feet long...well....try 6", 12", 16", or 22".

Jerry

Ok, well it LOOKS 3ft long! :) But as my girlfriends were fond of saying, I might be prone to misstating hose length!

And we know it can be "had" with other configs, but most shops just order stock wings.

Jason--if you look on the bottom of your wing there's an area that looks like a very fine mesh if viewed closely. If you totally inflate your wing with the auto-inflator this area almost seems to magically expand...instead of just stopping and popping off the overpressure release valve. After it expands a bit the OPV slowly starts to let air out.
I believe this is what they're speaking of...

As to the pull dump I replaced that with the corrugated hose and inflator assembly that came on my Eclipse. Until I get a new inflation system for the Classic Wing I'll have my Halcyon inflation stuff on the DiveRite wing. :shocked:

SparticleBrane:
Jason--if you look on the bottom of your wing there's an area that looks like a very fine mesh if viewed closely. If you totally inflate your wing with the auto-inflator this area almost seems to magically expand...instead of just stopping and popping off the overpressure release valve. After it expands a bit the OPV slowly starts to let air out.
I believe this is what they're speaking of...

As to the pull dump I replaced that with the corrugated hose and inflator assembly that came on my Eclipse. Until I get a new inflation system for the Classic Wing I'll have my Halcyon inflation stuff on the DiveRite wing. :shocked:

You're exactly right. The magical expansion area will now be gone.

As for the hose/shoulders we are making more of a conscious effort to let dealers know that their customers will probably end up wanting the 12" corrugated hose with plain elbow. Also, a few months ago we changed the way the aircells are sold (each have new part numbers so as to force dealers to think about what they're ordering). For example, the black classic with 12" corrugated and plain elbow is a BC2030E-12BLACK. I'm sorry to those who had to buy another hose and elbow. This has come up and some (warmer water divers, including those of us here in NFL) wanted to have our "standard" this way but others (NE and West Coast and other colder water divers) prefer the 16" with RE.

**Also, if anyone has a brand new longer hose and RE ***'y you can always send it directly to us and we will ship you whatever you'd like --You pick up the shipping one way and we'll pick up the other. You can also just ask for it from your dealer and make them give you what you want.

Cheers

I bought a classic this spring and it has a pull dump and a long hose. Will you replace it for me? I'm headed to High Springs this weekend...

-P

Jordan... you just can't ask for more than that! :D Kudos to you!

PerroneFord:
I bought a classic this spring and it has a pull dump and a long hose. Will you replace it for me? I'm headed to High Springs this weekend...

-P

Sure -- Stop by the shop

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom