So, where have I been?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My daughter was my champion taking many days off to oversee my treatments while also having to organize her mother's funeral.
She already had her mom in Covenant's ICU when I started with my problems so then she had me in the Heart hospital, Rehab Hospital #1, and Rehab Hospital #2 elsewhere in the city on top of running a parochial, raising two of her grandkids, and tending to the needs of two international kids living with them. My troubles just added to all of that. For one week we were in the same hospital which helped some, but then her mom died and she had to deal with that.
She now takes off for all of my doctor visits, and I do have several new doctors to keep up with.
She does pay attention to doctors' visit better than I so I am happy to have her meddling.

Glad to hear you are better, however, I suggest you wait to give up on diving. You are probably going to recover and will soon tire of watching Gilligan's Island reruns on tv (although I like the one with the gorilla).

See how you feel next summer, you might be surprised.

I have to remind myself that balancing on a walker is challenging. I'm still swatting flies that got inside when someone left the door open for an airing Friday. I had a good shot, reached for the swatter, fell off of my walker, and landed with a thud and scrapes. It took me a while to climb back up and hobble to the bathroom for antiseptic wipes and large bandages. Such is why I keep getting Be Careful reminders from family.

Whoa... you've certainly been through some tough times!
Glad to hear you are on the mend... some fly spray may be a good investment :D

A hermit like me can go a few days, but I finally worked up the courage to take a shower and put on fresh clothes. Then I remembered my grabber tool at the front door and moved it to my room. I'll be adding another grab bar tomorrow. Yeah, I can handle my laundry if my knots hold.

0.JPG

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom