SoCal Dive Extravaganza

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mccabejc:
Okay, since we can't seem to make up our minds on where to go, and I'm a man of action :D , I hereby declare that the first SoCal Dive Extravaganza will take place on Oahu, Hawaii, from August 9-17, 2005. We will be surfing off Waikiki Beach, shore diving with some local Scubaboarders at Shark's Cove and other sites on the North Shore (maybe Hanauma Bay, too), taking a helicopter ride around the island, lots of snorkeling and stuff, and just groovin' on the Hawaiian grooviness.

If anyone wants to join us, you're more than welcome. Looks like you can get a package (air + hotel) for those dates (from LAX) for $800.

Plus the cost of diving, rent-a-car etc. this will be $2K trip. No thanks; I will be going to Cabo Pulmo for about $600 including everything!!! for 4 nights 5 days with 4 days of diving....btw I can be there(at the resort) at noon on wed. dive in the afternoon, thursday, friday and saturday then leave Sunday 6pm and be home for dinner...
cheers...

Howdy SoCal folks, hope this isn't a thread hijack.

This Texan will be working in the S.D. area (Carlsbad) for several weeks starting Aug. 8. I've been to Los Cabos, and Cabo Pulmo, but only from Texas. Therefore, could you please share some advice/pointers about getting there from your neck of the woods?

The good news is that I also have time-share condo access, and could share. (This is through RCI, so there are many locations available. I stayed at the Fiesta Americana Grand last year, on the Corridor, and it was great.)

The not-so-bad news is that until I can get the new client completely fooled, it would be three-day weekends only, leaving on Friday morning and coming back Sunday night. That would allow for Friday afternoon, night, and all day Saturday diving, before the pre-flight 24 hour period.

Not incidentally, I love Cabo Pulmo, primitive conditions and all. Last time I dived through Pepe's there at CP, with great results. However, other Scubaboard folks have had bad experiences with scheduling and dependability. I would like to use Land's End in CSL again, too.

BTW, I learned that visiting at or after Labor Day is the local "shoulder" season -- not quite off-season, but definitely not high season. Therefore, car rentals and everything else is much cheaper. I ended up diving 1:1 with just the divemaster on several dives.

Cheers,
Wayne

headhunter:
I think it's a great idea!

Maybe the first one could be a road trip to someplace like Monterey for a weekend. That would get things rolling to see how many will actually participate when all is said and done.

Then Bonaire, Kona, Cancun, Cozumel, Fiji and maybe even Greenland! :D

OK... maybe Greenland might be too much adventure with all the icebergs floating around. But I hear its a great place to see six gill sharks.

Christian

Christian...if you change your mind about planning a weekend trip to Monterey, let us know. Last time we met friends at a great campsite really close to Point Lobos. Hot showers and all. The diving is great up there...

cakayakdiver:
Christian...if you change your mind about planning a weekend trip to Monterey, let us know. Last time we met friends at a great campsite really close to Point Lobos. Hot showers and all. The diving is great up there...
I'm sure we'll get to this one!

Christian

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom