SoCalers, stand up!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

drbill once bubbled...
Welcome back to So Cal. Sounds like you're quick to get out to the islands.

Where were you diving before you moved back here? Boston? I remember am undergrad biology field trip to dredge Boston Harbor- got old tires, beer cans, etc.

Dr. Bill

Your description sounds exactly like my last dive in the U.S., and only in the Atlantic north of Boston, leaving out the bit about so cold my teeth were chattering so hard I coudn't even speak. I had the brilliant idea to take my AOW in November at some cut rate price while I was in grad school. I actually got my OW in Los Angeles but have been circumnavigating the globe in an easterly direction (Boston, New York, Hong Kong) and now find myself back full circle in LA. I dove in Thailand & Malaysia (Perenthian Islands v.nice) while in HK - Ariel

Dr Bill, thanks for the response about Steve and Di. I started diving some yrs back off Steves boat Scuba Luver out of Ventura. Theyr store was in Woodland Hills back then and I obviously havnt seen them since I moved down here 3 yrs ago. Thanks again, Bill

New to the board, native SoCaler living and diving in La Jolla. Heading out Saturday AM for a Yukon, Ruby, Kelp run on the Lois Ann!

Dive on!

Guess that makes me 36!:wacko:

I live in LA but am usually a warm water wuss!

:tree:

I'll take 37.

I prefer warm water, but I love diving at Los Coronados and Catalina Island. Camping at Two Harbors during Lobster season is a blast.

I am 39th on the list.

Hey! I am so glad to see a forum for Southern California divers and especially Orange County divers! This site is brand new to me, but I hope that there are a decent number of diver report contributions. I subscribe to the divebums.com listserv from San Diego and it is wonderful, but I would really like to hear good quality reports of dives that are closer to home.
:wave:

Debbie (AKA kelphelper)

Wrinkles, I dove the Peace tons when I was living up that way and never had a bad day with them. The Peace belonged to a differant party then but I think the person that bought her was working on her for years. You will probably really enjoy San Clemente a ton also. Most of the boats go there but it is a long trip from Ventura. Check the CDN and find a place to explore, its as easy as a phone call. If you dont have a buddy ask the DM on the boat and he'll find you one in a heart beat.
Bill......Dive Safe

I think I am # 40 to the list.

I am a PADI Independednt here in San Diego, I am at the La Jolla Shores way to much, I wish all my students opted for the Boat. I just bought a house in Menifee Lakes, so I will now have to commute for my classes. I hear there are NO POOLS in Riverside/Temecula area for rent or lease to Scuba Instructors. Major problem.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom