SoCalers, stand up!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I guess this makes me #41 (although I know of a couple of lurkers who haven't chimed in yet :).

Mostly San Diego, with occasional forays to strange and distant lands with warm waters and great food (not to mention great photo ops).

Alan

Lakewood checking in to be counted.

Dove Long Point and Malaga Cove yesterday (Sunday).

I've been lurking for a while and haven't looked at this area. Count me as 46 but I haven't been wet for a while. Still waiting for my ACL reconstruction to heal up. It's been 9 weeks post op and I don't have the okay to start swimming yet. The wait is driving me nuts!

beep beep

I have been lurking around on the board since April 2003 but haven't posted yet. Add me to the count! Haven't dove since I got certified in April been too busy at work but hope to meet some nice people who I can go diving with soon. I'm a bit shy and none of my friends dive.

puffer:
It sounds like you want to get out there, but need a little encouragement. Let us know where you want to go diving and I am sure many SB members can offer suggestions on how a newbie can get out and dive! There are a variety of ways to acquire dive buddies and experience.

We may want to begin a new thread for this discussion if it gets going. I will start one entitled "new diver advice" and we'll see where it goes.

And for the record, I believe you are #47!

kelphelper

Puffer, dont you dare back away from a great adventure. Try do get on a few dives with your LDS where you were certified so you can get into the swing of it. If your LDS doesnt do charters and the like the one down the street will. Just go in to the shop and ask, if its not where you were certified then just be honest and they will be very helpful in offering a spot on a charter.If your in So Cal then Avalon offers several dive operations that offer fun dive adventures in the divers park and elsewhere. Feel free to ask questions if you have them.
Bill

One more for the count! South Orange County here. Transplanted from San Diego about 6 years ago.
Good Diving!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom