Socorros on the Rocio del Mar

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We didn't do that site. We did Roca Oneal and Cabo Pearce 2x. Usually I am super focused on macro but for this trip I hung up my magnifying glass and focused on the Big Stuff! It was a great ride!!!
Jake, TS&M or anyone:

Did any of you dive at a site called "The Aquarium" in Socorro? I have heard that this is a macro site, therefore very atypical of rest of the diving on the trip. I would be interested to know what that dive site is like.

---------- Post added November 28th, 2014 at 07:03 AM ----------

P.S.- if anyone that is going to the Socorros finds a wedding band on the ledges on the North side of Roca Partida let me know!!! It is most likely at the bottom of the ocean but you never know!!

Can't wait for my April '16 trip !!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the great Socorro report. I agree, the Rocio Del Mar is a great vessel with and outstanding crew! We booked a Sea of Cortez charter and were so impressed with their operation that we booked a Socorro charter for next November.

Socorro - 11/7/15

We had a guy with us that had been to the Socorros 3x and he said his November trip( this time) was his best trip out of all 3!You will love it!!!
Thanks for the great Socorro report. I agree, the Rocio Del Mar is a great vessel with and outstanding crew! We booked a Sea of Cortez charter and were so impressed with their operation that we booked a Socorro charter for next November.

Socorro - 11/7/15

For all those who've been to Socorro in March what were the water temps like?

My fiancée and I are booked for March 2016 and being Florida divers we're used to warmer water. Wondering if 5mm wetsuit & hood will be enough or if 7mm or drysuits are more appropriate?

Thanks to all in advance.

IIRC, water was about 75.

I am going on the Socorros trip on the Rocio Del Mar next month. I am still looking at which hotel to stay in the night before the Rocio leaves. We will want something close to the marina and fairly nice. I have tried to make reservations with the El Encanto Inn which was suggested by the Rocio staff but am having trouble getting a confirmation. I know some hotels are not functional yet from the hurricane earlier this year. Where did you stay in Cabo the night before you left? Any others have any suggestions on good hotels close to the marina?

We stayed at the El Encanto. It was quite pleasant, and close to the arts district and a number of good restaurants.

I am going on the Socorros trip on the Rocio Del Mar next month. I am still looking at which hotel to stay in the night before the Rocio leaves. We will want something close to the marina and fairly nice.

I am going in May. When I made the reservation 18 months ago, Dora & Brooke made a few suggestions and La Tropicana Inn was among them. That is the place where I have booked my pre-trip night. It is close to the marina and on-line booking was easy and I received immediate confirmation.

BTW, on the Socorro cruise on RdM, is the diving off the boat deck or tenders?

We didn't do any diving off the swim step. It was all from the RIBs. We did swim BACK to the boat a time or two.

Back
Top Bottom