Soft webbing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JeffG:
It will show up on the belt...so its either the shoulder straps or the belt.

That's why you wear a belt knife and a buckle for a cannister light!!

Black waterproof marker helps too...!

I'm not DIR, but I dove soft webbing and all I can say is, don't do it, you'll be sorry.

Quarrior:
I'm not DIR, but I dove soft webbing and all I can say is, don't do it, you'll be sorry.
Huh?

jonnythan:
This was not H webbing, but other. I found it to be very flimsy and twisted around on my when kitting up. In general, it was more of a pain than it was worth.

Besides the potential for wear on a suit, I don't understand the need for soft webbing anyway. You can't feel the webbing when diving, just getting in and out of the water. When getting out, the stiff stuff is pretty soft after the dive.

The H webbing is not flimsy like seat belt webbing is. It's just oh so slightly softer than regular weight belt webbing and feels a little higher quality. It's still plenty stiff.

jonnythan:
The H webbing is not flimsy like seat belt webbing is. It's just oh so slightly softer than regular weight belt webbing and feels a little higher quality. It's still plenty stiff.
I didn't like it because I thought it was to flimsy...I replaced it yesterday actually. YMMV

DiveRiteExpress/FillExpress has webbing that's about the same stiffness as the blue "H" webbing. You can get either webbing or a harness kit. I have it on my doubles setup. So far it works fine.

reubencahn:
DiveRiteExpress/FillExpress has webbing that's about the same stiffness as the blue "H" webbing. You can get either webbing or a harness kit. I have it on my doubles setup. So far it works fine.

Thanks for all the responses... Happy ChrismaHanuKwanzaKah to everyone!!!

Doc Intrepid:
Jonnythan,
I also liked the really soft crotch strap webbing. It's still available far as I know - it comes with the harness kits from Halcyon, and (for some ridiculous price, like $34.++) you can order only the crotch strap assembly itself from Halcyon, same material. (Reason I know this? A young lady I was assisting with her rig ordered an OMS bp/wing. Hated her crotch strap. Decided she wanted mine. I had to order a replacement. Go figure.)
FWIW.
Doc

Jeeze, I thought you DIR-types had balls of steel, or stainless steel, or at least delrin. Sounds like you guys need some PADI-ng in the crotch strap. :eyebrow:

UWSojourner:
Jeeze, I thought you DIR-types had balls of steel, or stainless steel, or at least delrin. Sounds like you guys need some PADI-ng in the crotch strap. :eyebrow:
LOL!

If you are not a comedy writer, you're in the wrong profession...honestly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom