sogod bay vs. malapascua

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The ferry is actually called the "Kinswell" and sails between Cebu and Bato (not far from Maasin). If I remember correctly, it leaves Cebu at 5:30 pm and returns from Bato at 8:00 am. The trip each way is around 3 hours. From Bato, it's about a 30 minute drive to Padre Burgos.

Ah thanks for the correction... Yeah Bato it is... Then there is the supercat ferries from Ormoc further north (on the west side of Leyte).

Right, its Bato. The Kinswell ferry I took was bigger and I found it to be more comfortable than the Oceanjet I took with Pak. The ferry left on schedule and the trip took exactly 3 hrs.

Matthew:
Right, its Bato. The Kinswell ferry I took was bigger and I found it to be more comfortable than the Oceanjet I took with Pak. The ferry left on schedule and the trip took exactly 3 hrs.

what the passengers weren't all vomiting like on the oceanjet trip over to Hilongos? :rofl3:

pakman:
what the passengers weren't all vomiting like on the oceanjet trip over to Hilongos? :rofl3:

Oh yes, a lot were vomiting, but the sea was really rough that day. Almost got hurt trying to walk on the aisle without holding to anything, like the crew were doing.:D

three hours? that's slow right? i think the oceanjet ferry suits my sched more. thanks guys!

Jigo, they're all about the same. I think the oceanjet was suppose to be 2+1/2 hrs, but it was really close to 3hrs flat.

The Kinswell also seems to be more reliable than the Oceanjet. From what I've heard about the latter, when they don't have enough passangers, they just cancel the trip due to "engine trouble". Both times I went to Southern Leyte this was the case. When you get to the Kinswell docks though, be prepared for the dozens of porters will swarm your car/taxi and pound on the trunk, glass, etc. while offering to carry your bags. If you're not expecting it, it can be a bit overwhelming. They also charge a lot per bag, so if you use one, make sure to get the price in advance.

that's a good tip. swarm you in cebu or leyte or both? maybe i wont get the same eager helping hands since i am Filipino?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom