Solo certification?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

serambin:
markfm:
I'd say around 10' would do it, get one with the drop-in floor boards and two seats. Remember J. Cousteau put Zodiac on the map.

Stan

You are probably right. I just had experience with the 13 footer so that is what I went with.

serambin:
Remember J. Cousteau put Zodiac on the map.

Stan

About 16 years ago I was on Santa Cruz Island with Jean-Michel Cousteau and others from the organization. They had an incredible Zodiac that they used to cross the channel from Santa Barbara. It was in the 30-40 ft range. Awesome.

gcbryan:
I believe SDI is the only one aren't they?

Nope.. ANDI has been doing solo classes for years.. The one difference the ANDI program is a tech program, where we feel it should be..

SDIs solo program is a recreational program.. Its definately not on the same level as the ANDI program..

padiscubapro:
Nope.. ANDI has been doing solo classes for years.. The one difference the ANDI program is a tech program, where we feel it should be..

SDIs solo program is a recreational program.. Its definately not on the same level as the ANDI program..

You know, I used to laugh at the 'Technical approach', however, after looking at the stats on the DAN accident database, I don't know if you do it right, but at least you do it darn good.

Stan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom