Solo Female -seeks liveaboard trip to Solomons, Raja Ampat, PNG or similar Spring 09

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How many pigs has a chief offered for your hand in marriage???

Gee, and I thought I was hot stuff when I got 2 marriage proposals in a trip to Africa. But the important question is, how many pigs are we talking?

I would love to go to the PNG but the Bilikili is a bit (OK, maybe more than a bit) out of my budget. Maybe I can follow you around in a canoe ...

So, Halloways... I am a solo female diver too (husband doesn't dive, or travel with me when I dive). I'm always looking for a solo female diver to plan dive trips with. I've been on 8 liveaboard trips - each time traveling alone, in the past 3 years, and just booked one for Sept 09. But I'm looking for a nice two week trip for 2009. Have you found a dive buddy and made plans yet? Are you interested in the Spirit of Solomans trip? I'm pretty open to time and place, as long as the water is warm. Let me know, mjarens

Holloway. I am putting together a group of singles from Phuket, HK all expats so far to go diving in Burma and Thailand, not sure if this is of interest. I would also like to go to PNG and Raja to try out some new underwater camera equipment. Drop me a note if you would like to discuss further. Happy diving

Lots of good ideas and a surprising number of solo's out there looking for pals! This link has been a surprising success for me. THANKS SO MUCH

Philippines - any input, recommendations about liveboards Philippines ? I haven't seen much input about them.

Lots of good ideas and a surprising number of solo's out there looking for pals! This link has been a surprising success for me. THANKS SO MUCH

Philippines - any input, recommendations about liveboards Philippines ? I haven't seen much input about them.

I have been told that there is no reason to do a liveaboard in the Philippines as the diving is so close to resorts. All the resorts do 3-4 dives per day, just like a liveaboards and dive the same exact spots. Save money and do landbased there. :D

Not sure if wrecks interest you, but the Truk Odyssey has some last minute openings on the March 1st trip.

Hey there San Diego!

I actually looked at doing a liveaboard to Tubbataha in the Philippines before. I ended up going to Palau with the same company, which ran a decent operation:

Expedition Fleet

If I remember correctly, all their ships are former Japanese naval vessels which makes the history interesting. You have probably seen this already, but Tubbataha is only reachable by liveaboard and only diveable about 3 months of the year.

FWIW, I am taking another look at the Solomons - will take it to PM/email.

Hello,
We have a nice trip in Thailand starting 26th of april until 6th of may on the SY Siren. We still have 2 spaces available, our group is from germany and switzerland so far we have couples, single female and single male divers booked. I know most of them and it is a nice group. The rate for the trip Best of Thailand is Euro 1900,-.

If Thailand is not so interesting, you can find a lot of available trips in the areas you want to go on our new website liveaboards24.com

Hope this info will help to plan your trip.

Best Regards
Uwe

Thanks so much - Thailand, via liveaboard, is a great trip! One of my favorites. I have my trip narrowed down to the Solomons or Banda Sea this year.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom