Some nice big North Carolina Lobster

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here's a picture of a cellphone. Not the newest and smallest one, but it works :D

Sorry about the SPIDER beside it though...

Thanks Flounderer! Do they take multi-day trips or just go back each day? I got a group to book that wants to do NC diving for hunting/spearing/bugging :)

TropicalDiver:
Thanks Flounderer! Do they take multi-day trips or just go back each day? I got a group to book that wants to do NC diving for hunting/spearing/bugging :)

We just go back out each day. The weather is too unpredictable to stay over night. It's about a 1.5-2 hour run out to the good hunting grounds. If you go 2.5-3 hours you can get into some stuff that's never been touched but that's deep 140'+. Let me know if you've got anymore questions about hunting/spearing/bugging off our coast.

Pat

TropicalDiver:
What's some good spearing/bugging charters out of NC? Any suggestions?

Try Cpt Tom Collins out of Willmington NC. He has the boat Spearit. Been on it a few times before I moved to FL and it was my favorite boat. He has some good locations for bugs and spearing. Boat is a 29' six pack with plenty of room and two Yamaha 250's so it gets out to the spots really fast. He's over on spearboard.com as Spearit.

flounderer:
I'd thought I'd share some of the lobsters we catch off the coast here. The big guys are found about 35 miles out and farther so it is a long haul but well worth it. We don't use snares or tickle sticks we go mono a' mono with these guys.

What are the chances...

Of getting out on a charter between Dec 20th-Jan 3rd?

Granted, I recognize that you are not a sear, but curious if the weather conditions permit this during Dec, and if the boats charter that time of year.

Got some Loved ones in Myrtle beach that we want to visit over XMAS, and well, you know.. gotta DIVE!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom