something i found funny

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
so today i was watching the tv show some of you may be farmiliar with, HOUSE, for those of you who dont know what it is, its a medical show, usually unusual things happen and a group of doctors try to figure out what it was. Anyways to the story, I was watching the show and an asian man had some symptoms that i had recently learned about in my OW classroom sessions. This man had joint pains, itching, some swelling and maybe even a rash along with a couple others. the whole time i was thinking, wow this sounds like something I was taught. So I went ahead and called it (by the way he was in an airplane...maybe not waiting enough after a dive or 2 to get up in the air??) DECOMPRESSION SICKNESS. Dr. House went and looked in his wallet and pulled out a recipt for a scuba shop...OMG could I be right...then sure enough word for word he says, oh lord this guy came up to fast and got on an airplane to quickly afterwards without letting the nitrogen leave his body. HOLY CRAP after years of watching criminal investigation shows and medicals shows, I FINALLY guessed right on one :D, just from paying attention in class :dork2:

just thought was pretty cool

Yep............DCS. Now you get a notch in your belt even before your certification dives. Good to listen up.

If we do a week on a liveaboard or so, we may take 2 days to decompress, even after our computers clear us. It gives an even better excuse to party a little more, and the wives believe it.

Out of curiosity, did House and the team spend the first 45 minutes of the show chasing down other theories and almost killing that patient before figuring it out? That seems to be the standard cookie cutter plot for House :D

yeah pretty much lol, since it was a real high stress time, everyone else felt like they were getting it due to mass hysteria. they also did a spinal tap. i dont care how steady your hand it, an airplane is one place you just dont do a spinal tap haha

I always guess auto-immune as it is always tossed out there as a possible answer.

If we do a week on a liveaboard or so, we may take 2 days to decompress, even after our computers clear us. It gives an even better excuse to party a little more, and the wives believe it.

Ooooh, I learn something everyday!

I remember that show. Actually, the guy in question couldn't even speak english if i recall. he couldn't even communicate. they thought the guy was a drug mule with a baggy that burst inside him.

Someone actually watches this program?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom