Something odd with PADI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Central Fla

Contributor
Reaction score
I recently got back into scuba diving, hadn't been diving for ten years, the last time I was at a dive center was 1995. Two months ago I decide to return to diving, my old license was split in half so I went to my LDS and they gave me an app for replacement. In October of 2005 I went to North Florida to drive trucks for the hurricane Katrina efforts. In May I returned to the same house I have owned for 7 years, changed my drivers license, started a new checking account, changed my voters registration, and changed my mailing address back to my old home.

I called PADI to see where my license was and they stated they sent it to my address in North Florida, I hit the ceiling (later apologized) How in the / Why in the &^#% did you use and get that address. They man told me it must have been on my app, No!! I filled the app out and checked it myself it was nowhere on it. PADI must have done some research, " no sir we don't do that kind of thing for licenses".

Obviously they do. What do you folks think ?? anyone know??

I routinely and intentionally change the spelling of my name, add or remove a 'fake' middle name etc on a lot of things like this.

I watch the trail made by this new 'name' to catch who's doing what behind our backs.

Just got off the phone with Wells-Fargo wanting to give me a whole pile of credit for my business (never used them before and don't even know if the spelling is correct), ..........the name they used.............well...busted :)

Scum-bags.

Not saying this is the case here, just giving you an idea of what I do to spot the knobs selling my info.

Uh... this should be considered a slip-up, and is usually corrected quickly. Probably nothing personal there...

Central Fla:
PADI must have done some research, " no sir we don't do that kind of thing for licenses".

Obviously they do. What do you folks think ?? anyone know??
Gee...you were in their database with your old address. Someone didn't update the database with your new information...big whoop.

Central Fla:
PADI must have done some research, " no sir we don't do that kind of thing for licenses". What do you folks think ??

I can't say why your c-card went to the wrong address, but your above quote, having PADI making a statement and using the word "license"... well- I think at least that part of the story makes me go hmmm. :huh:

Any other details fuzzy?

Walter:
Everyone makes mistakes. I'd cut them some slack if they resending it to the correct address.

WALTER SAY IT AIN"T SO!!!, you giving PADI some slack?

I agree with JeffG...
So your mailing address was in the original form in the database and it hadn't been updated. Simple computer mistake (or computer operator's mistake, most likely). No biggie unless you're in a time crunch (such as going on a trip and need the C-card). If that was the case, they've been known to email a temporary C-card.
Hope it's all straightened out now.

Maule:
WALTER SAY IT AIN"T SO!!!, you giving PADI some slack?

And it's not the first time. This appears to be PADI's fault, but it also appears to fall into the catagory of an innocent mistake. Cut 'em some slack.

Yea, it probably was just that your old address was in the system and someone didn't change it. It happens every now and then, it's happened to me with PADI too. They for some reason didn't change my address when I gave them a new one, they let me know they didn't have the right address by revoking my teaching status and not telling me when they got some mail back, man that was a pain in the ***. Considering the size of their database PADI does do quite well, infinitely better than rogers wireless. They calledf me up the other day accusing me of fraud/giving them a false address, when we went over it it turned out that my address in their system was actually combination of my last three adresses, it even had 1.5 postal codes! Man they suck.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom