Something odd with PADI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am not sure everyone understands, I havn't been diving for ten years, the address they sent my mail to was one I had for 6 months and I have not used that address in 9 months, I just started diving again in sept. They should not have had that address it was only temporary. It sure wasn't on the form, in fact, almost no one had that address except Drivers license, voters card, veterans Admin, and Taxes. They had to do research to find that address.

Central Fla:
I am not sure everyone understands, I havn't been diving for ten years, the address they sent my mail to was one I had for 6 months and I have not used that address in 9 months, I just started diving again in sept. They should not have had that address it was only temporary. It sure wasn't on the form, in fact, almost no one had that address except Drivers license, voters card, veterans Admin, and Taxes. They had to do research to find that address.
Well, PADI and the CIA exchange info.

I doubt they did much research. They are so busy processing cards that you are just a number to them. Maybe mail was returned and the PO gave them the address.

Or maybe it's a Padi/TSA/Homeland Security/Post Office Scandal....

i guess we can find the hard core padi is the shinizzle people in this thread....
guz they guy has a legit rant and is venting..
probaly also to see if this is common, and also got a odd vibe from the whole thing

cut HIM some slack

Don Wray:
Reckon we ought to ask PADI where Osama is?

NO, we have to find Osama and for that we get a "I found Osama" Speciality Card which counts for 1 of the 5 speciality cards toward your Master Diver!:D

I was going to make a smart ***** comment, but everyone already took all the good ones.

:rofl3:

Seriously...

akscubainst:
I doubt they did much research. They are so busy processing cards that you are just a number to them. Maybe mail was returned and the PO gave them the address.

This is probably what happened. I know PADI doesn't do research on things like that. I just did a CPR instructor crossover and they didn't realize that my ARC CPR instructor cert included child/infant CPR. I only got the adult instructor rating. I called them and they told me they didn't know what my ARC cert meant so they just issued the adult cert. They would verify what I told them and issue a new rating. I've since gotten the new card with child/infant included, but it took a couple of weeks. I really doubt they would research an address change. They're not that bored.

Like others have stated, sounds like an innocent mistake. If you're in a hurry, have PADI FedEx it overnight to you.:D

Back
Top Bottom