Sometime – It’s Just One Things After Another…

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fair enough...I still think that board is a great resource...even if you just lurk but of course it is your call...

DandyDon said
I am so embarrassed that I’m asking Don to publish my story – as I don’t want it under my username!
Very funny line. I love it. Good story, thanks for posting.

bluwolf:
Whew, what a long thread. After reading the many comments of the truly learned divers and their recommendations on gas management, I now have a new dive plan. Should work for most dives, I think.

1. Put on gear
2. Check pressure - 3000 psi
3. Enter water
4. Descent to 15' - Check pressure
5. Do 3-5min safety stop - Check pressure
6. Ascent to surface with adequate air supply.

Now, if I can just figure out how to truly guarantee I will not have a heart attack while under water, I will truly be a "safe" diver.

Isnt there supposed to be a 4a in there?
4a. Enjoy this magnificent underwater world as much as my experience, planning & buddy allow.​
Willie

I just commented to myself today underwater, that I hate to think where I would be in this waterworld without the body of knowledge I have gained from ScubaBoard. I am in the great interest group. I can certainly find these threads on my own, early on I made a point of reading everything in Accidents and Incidents, but as a neophyte I’m consistently understanding a resurrected thread better as I’m gaining experience and developing my own goals. And threads have a way of resurfacing in a timely manner. I’m guessing that to some these treads are real time discussions – only. I for one have benefited greatly from reading threads far after the day to day ‘New Posts’.

This thread was an excellent example. As I read the initial account of events and reasoning I could visualize myself in the posters fins. At times my reaction to an event differed which triggered me thinking; what would I do if...and more importantly, what do I want to do?
I for one sincerely appreciate those who offer situations to consider and those that critique.

There's been a bit of discussion about the "resurrecting" of this thread, but the examples and some of the advice is so good that OTHER websites are still quoting it. I believe the one that sent me here said "if you're thinking about getting a pony bottle, read this first". I feel much more educated about WHY one should have a pony bottle and that I am thinking about it for a GOOD reason.

epinder:
There's been a bit of discussion about the "resurrecting" of this thread, but the examples and some of the advice is so good that OTHER websites are still quoting it. I believe the one that sent me here said "if you're thinking about getting a pony bottle, read this first". I feel much more educated about WHY one should have a pony bottle and that I am thinking about it for a GOOD reason.
Well great, people are laughing at me on multiple dive boards. :dork:

Well, I am glad if others can learn from my mistakes. I learned a lot here after I stopped arguing. BRB, gotta' go get my buddy Caseworker. :D

Thanks for joining Epinder. Click here if you'd like to post an Introuction so we can welcome you appropriately.... :thumb:

'Casemanager' perhaps? i think you got off lightly by comparison, Don!:wink:

Regards,

StSomewhere:
You realize you are responding to a 10 month old thread, right?

These old threads are great learing tools for us newer divers. If it was improper to respond to them they would probobly be deleted off the board. I learned alot from reading this. I need to learn rock bottom for one. Aslo learned that if I was rich I would pay MikeFerrara, Lamont and Northeastwrecks for dive classes BUT im not so that points out the importance of these old threads again. Sure is better then nothing at all. Dont get me wrong, Im happy with my instructor but I do admire the previously stated 3 ppls attitude towards safety and diving in general. And I wouldnt have gotton these other "outlooks" if not for old threads like this :)

DandyDon:
Well great, people are laughing at me on multiple dive boards. :dork:

Well, I am glad if others can learn from my mistakes. I learned a lot here after I stopped arguing. BRB, gotta' go get my buddy Caseworker. :D

Just don't try to rescue Casemanager before you check the parking lot. :evilbunny

Sorry, I couldn't resist...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom