Sonar dive tracking system

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have used it several times now. The receiver is rather bulky but you get used to it. I carry it in my dry suit pocket when not in use. It definitely works! I was somewhat skeptical in the beginning, surfacing once or twice to see if I was heading in the right direction, and I was. You do have to get used to what the display is in fact telling you. re: (distance and bearing). I am a techno buff so I definitely feel it was worth the investement.

The less expensive one is certainly smaller, but the close up accuracy of the larger receiver is worth it when when you are in 10 to 20 feet of viz

I have a dive tracker sport that I purchased in1996. I used it for many years when diving off my own boat in the florida keys. Most of the time I was spearfishing and while occupied in this endeavor it is easy to lose track of your boat location, especially when working the coral heads inside of the reef line. The dive tracker always worked well and is easy to use. Still works well and is now 15 years old with hundreds of dives on it.

Back
Top Bottom