Sony HDV Cam in N.FL.???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PerroneFord

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Just posting this here on the off-chance...

Is there anyone in the North Florida area with a Sony HDV camera they could part with for an hour (or a day)? I need to capture some video from a tape that was shot with an HDV camera. It's about 10-15 minutes of video, so the capture won't take long at all.

Thanks,

-P

Define: "need".

You know I'm only kidding. :D

On the serious side. I know the best stuff can't be seen on the internet, but, compared to what I've seen on the internet, the FX7 is pretty impressive. Combine that with a smaller package than anything in it's class, cam and housing wise, plus a quality Gates housing with access to the most of the manual controls, and you have a great combination.

Sure there are be better cams out there now and on the horizon, but if you haven't made the jump to UW HDV yet, IMHO, now is a good time. The cam manufacturers have already decided manual controls are not a priority on the smaller consumer cams. That leaves the prosumer line, and the FX7 is the smallest of the bunch.

Sorry if I sound pushy. I'm just excited and totally happy with my new Sony FX7 and Gates housing.

I hear ya. I *JUST* made the jump to underwater SD, so I am not looking to go to HD anytime soon. And not to be funny, but if/when I do, I'll probably try to go HD and not HDV. I also prefer not to shoot interlaced if I don't have to.

Back
Top Bottom