Sony XR520v test video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

uzun

Registered
Reaction score
I finally got around to putting together a short video shot entirely with the new Sony XR520v camcorder and Light & Motion Bluefin Pro housing I got a few weeks ago. I've not had much chance to dive with it, so there's nothing good subject wise in the video, but I included a mix of wide angle, closeup, and macro footage under natural and artificial lights. I do love having a flip macro lens, that's VERY handy and the quality exceeds that of the Macromate external flip lens I was using with my old SR12.

Overall the 520v is slightly better than the SR12 in normal to bright light conditions, and much better deep. I can white balance much deeper than I could with the SR12, even though I don't have a green water filter yet (I dive San Diego mostly so a green water filter gives better results here than the Blue Water filter they include with the housing). Once I get the right filter the wide angle / naturally lit stuff should improve somewhat.

Anyway you can view the footage here on Vimeo or Youtube -

YouTube link - XR520v Test Footage YouTube

Vimeo link - XR520v Test Footage Vimeo

I may have asked you before but what lights are you using? Great shots by the way! You may be helping me make up my mind for my next system. And it ain't gonna be cheap!:crying:

Very nice, Glad to see hear your reports on the WB at depth.

Excellent work, thanks for posting it.

Night dives and cave dives are not low light situations really, you would use your artificial lights and no blue/greenwater filter. In my experience the lowest light conditions are when you are using natural light at depths greater than 30-40 feet.

That is a great video. Thanks for posting it.

Night dives and cave dives are not low light situations really, you would use your artificial lights and no blue/greenwater filter. In my experience the lowest light conditions are when you are using natural light at depths greater than 30-40 feet.

Thanks for your correction.
Well, may I know whether you have another video clip showing the performance of the XR520 in the lowest light condition as you mentioned.:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom