Sorong Airport Upgrades

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

After looking at possible flights from Singapore to Sorong, I forgot that the choices were soon bad. That said, SIN does not have a d'primma hotel at the airport. charlie

Stop it. There is no d'primma hotel in SOQ. Are you having fun with me, or what?!@?

- Bill

I don't think I said d'primma hotel in Sorong (SOQ). I was referring to the one in Makassar (UPG). I stayed there twice (Jan & May 2016). Some part of the airport was under construction in May. Who knows by now, they may have closed the hotel. I'll be in Makassar again this coming November. I'll check it out if it still exist. This is strange. I'm not kidding. Those pictures I posted were the pictures I took when I was there then.

I don't think I said d'primma hotel in Sorong (SOQ). I was referring to the one in Makassar (UPG). I stayed there twice (Jan & May 2016). Some part of the airport was under construction in May. Who knows by now, they may have closed the hotel. I'll be in Makassar again this coming November. I'll check it out if it still exist. This is strange. I'm not kidding. Those pictures I posted were the pictures I took when I was there then.

My post was not well-written - I am sitting in a wet market drinking sweet copi coffee with waffles.

No misunderstanding on my part, It would be be nice to have a similar hotel at the Sorong Airport. I travel thru Makassar often and will check if the hotel is still open for business.

My post was not well-written - I am sitting in a wet market drinking sweet copi coffee with waffles.

No misunderstanding on my part, It would be be nice to have a similar hotel at the Sorong Airport. I travel thru Makassar often and will check if the hotel is still open for business.

Please do. I'll need to stay there again in November.

The website is still active: d'Prima Hotel | Makassar Airport Hotel

Thanks!
Dan

I'll be in Makassar again this coming November. I'll check it out if it still exist. This is strange. I'm not kidding. Those pictures I posted were the pictures I took when I was there then.

Not strange..its Makassar Airport...its been in construction and remodelling continuously for ever..I think they just like to build bits and tear them down and build other bits to confuse everyone. :D

My mistake - I wrote SOQ but I meant Makassar airport. We walked all over the bloody thing on the second floor and there is no such hotel! (This is the second time I have done this.) We found a few people that said there HAD BEEN a d'primma hotel at the airport, but it had closed - I thought they said 5 years ago. Some people did try to send us to a d'primma hotel NEAR the hotel - a 5 min drive they said. We declined.

- Bill

Bill, it's Indmoesia and it takes years to remodel an airport. Back to the topic, so where did you stay, the Ibis Hotel? charlie

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom