Sorry but yet again I have MORE drysuit Qs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Keep it out of the sun. I make a hanger by running a line through a three foot piece of 4" pvc pipe. I just lay the suit over the pipe for storage. If your suit is wet inside you will need to hang it up by the feet. I have another hanger that is just a board with two 4" holes cut in it. I hang the wet dry suit up by pulling the two boots through, but I don't keep it that way once dry, I move it to the PVC hanger.

Mine hang upside down until dry. Then they are stored in my dry suit bag so the zipper lays as flat as possible and unzipped. If I'm not going to be using them for a long period I put them in an air tight bag (one of those you hook to a vacuum) and store them in the basement were they are out of the sun, cool and away from chemicals.

I have just been setting up how i would have it (would a closet be ok???)

I have just been setting up how i would have it (would a closet be ok???)
Closet is fine, but remember that it may drip and may be damp in there, I'd prefer something a bit more open.

I hang it upside down or over a clean garbage can in the garage to dry. When I store it the dry zip is open but the outer is zipped. As for seals..talc them. PURE TALC NOT PERFUMED!

:confused: well..i have heard alot about not folding the zip and not keeping in sunlight
but what is hte best way to store a drysuit??????:confused:

and after a dive whats a good way to dry it???

I made a frame out of 1 1/2" PVC with hundreds of holes. It's shaped like an upside-down person and there's a blower on the bottom.

The blower blows air out through all the holes and it will dry the entire suit in a couple of hours (maybe less, I never timed it).

It also keeps the suit wrinkle-free, undamaged and smelling nice.

Terry

Things that are going to damage your suit are sun and solvents (while it hangs to dry). Most likely things that will be damaged on your suit are zipper and seals. In order for things to dry you have to have air movement or an exchange of air, regularly. Wipe out the inside with warm soapy water and let it dry once and a while. If you are going to store it for lengthy periods of time, suggest something like ROgue talked about. Between dives, air movement is a must.

I made a frame out of 1 1/2" PVC with hundreds of holes. It's shaped like an upside-down person and there's a blower on the bottom.

The blower blows air out through all the holes and it will dry the entire suit in a couple of hours (maybe less, I never timed it).

It also keeps the suit wrinkle-free, undamaged and smelling nice.

Terry

Can you share some photos of this? I just want to be sure that the image I have in my mind is what you described.

I hang mine in a closet with all of my other gear. I did splurge and buy a wide hanger with an elongated neck. The long neck on the hanger keep the neck seal from folding onto itself. (Leisure Pro) I leave the zipper open.

You should not store your drysuit, or any other dive gear, in a garage.

Can you share some photos of this? I just want to be sure that the image I have in my mind is what you described.

I don't have any photos handy, but will take some as soon as I get a chance.

The first one looked like a "Y" with two pipes at the bottom for the arms. I sacrificed it when I needed some PVC one night and the store was closed.

The second (current) one is two vertical, parallel pipes, about 6' long and a foot apart, with two Tees and short pipes for the arms near the bottom, mounted on a flat square base with a blower in it.

Terry

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom