Sound ID

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

50 nm is about the practical limit so 20km is possible, I believe that in the past there has been some law suit files against USN for conducting trials in the area that have damaged the marine life

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The long delays between pings would indicate a long range search operation or I have heard of sonar uses to disorientate divers who are up to no good

Last edited:
This thread is now being monitored by the cia , nsa, fbi, dod and dhs...

Okay, time to interject a bit more incite.

There were no other boats in the area that we could see once we surfaced and that was verified by our boat captain as well (we were all alone in that area). It only happened on one particular day that we can recollect (searched our videos as well dfx & novasquid) and we were off the SW coast of New Providence (edge of TOTO), not near Andros. Both our boat captain & dive master have stated actually seeing submerged USN Sub's passing by right off the shelf in that area on occasion (would have been cool to see one too, but not in our cards).

Most logical guess so far is a sub, but as previously stated why utilize a repetitive active sonar that disturbs marine life and gives away your position? Makes no sense......

I have heard those sounds before. I was not diving. I was in the belly of a ship.

I do not know whether it was a sub, surface ship, or a buoy. But it is active sonar pinging. No longer is it just the one ping world.

I know there are many types of sonar sounds used, but have no idea who actually makes them.

Anyone in a deep space in a ship would hear it too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom