Sound Off ! Familiar with the term 'International' referencing 'yoke style' regs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah probably. Let's get back to talking about diving. Be the bigger man
You are, no doubt, correct.

Vladimir, the links in your quotes should lead to the actual quotes. Every one of the links in your quotes in post 18 lead to the exact same post. Would you please fix that, so we can actually follow your links to the posts you've quoted?
Thanks, I have fixed it.

If you care that much Walter, you could do the search for "american" posted by peterbj7 since that's apparently where they came from

Although I have no idea why anyone would waste their time anyway

Thanks for foxing it, Vladimir.

Tortuga, others may want to read the posts. It makes much more sense to have the links fixed than for everyone who may want to read the posts to do a search. Broken links should be fixed or removed.

As to why I would want to read the posts, I've found Peter to be thoughtful and friendly. I've never thought of him as anti-American. I wanted to read his posts in context. After reading them, I still see nothing that makes me think he's anti-American.

I'd never heard of yoke being referred to as international before.

Yeah probably. Let's get back to talking about diving. Be the bigger man

I agree, that's one great post referenced in your signature line. Thanks for the laugh.

In defense of Peter, whom I've never met, he's frequently on SB's Belize page with tons of friendly and helpful advice. Seems like a decent chap to this American. What's the famous quote, something like "The United States and England, two great countries divided by a common language."

Never heard of "international" used for yoke. Thanks for that.

......it came to my attention there's something of a dispute here on SB about the validity/popularity of the term 'international' when referencing the common 'yoke' style 1st-stage scuba regulator.....just wonderin' how many of you have either heard of or actually use this term ?

This thread is the first time I have heard of the term as applied to yoke connections.

I went to Bonaire in December, and asked the dive shop (Dive Friends/Yellow Submarine) if they were a DIN or Yoke shop. They answered "International". I re-asked and they said that international equals yoke. I had never heard that, nor my LDS, until December 2009.

This matters in Bonaire because probably half of the tourists came in from Amsterdam. On my previous trip, the shop was 100% DIN.

Likewise I have never heard of international as applled to yoke fittings, quite the opposite. I usually hear about DIN being an international standard. Yoke is a joke, dive DIN (and I'm far from being a tech diver despite doing many dives some would consider in that realm).

Like Walter, I've "known" Peter on more than one board and never taken his posts as anti-American.

Back
Top Bottom