DIN/INT-System

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nemo1

Registered
Reaction score
Hi there - Hopefully, I post my question in the correct forum...
I was surprised when I recognized that there are actually two kinds of System for the Regulator (I'm not English speaking, I'm not sure, what the right translation would be...:)). So anyway: I was always diving in the Asian region or in Mexico and was always confronted with the same system - I'm not really sure which kind of: DIN Ventil with a DIN-"regulator", DIN Ventil with a INT-"regulator" used with an adapter, an INT Ventil with an INT-"regulator" or n INT Ventil with an DIN-"regulator" used with an adapter...
So, can somebody post pictures of an INT and a DIN Ventil; and an INT-Adapter and a DIN-Adapter.
I know, maybe a "stupid" question but I'm really curious and Google hasn't really helped...

Thank you very much in advanced.

Hello Nemo1,

There are basically two types of regulator to tank valve interfaces:
Yoke (also known as A Clamp) and DIN
Therefore, if you have a regulator that has a yoke fitting, it will only mate up with a yoke valve.
If your regulator has a DIN fitting, it will only mate up with a DIN tank valve.
Now there are adapters to convert either way, and some valves have an insert that can be added or removed in order to accommodate either type of fitting, but let's stay with the basics.

The first picture below is of a yoke tank valve. The second picture is of a DIN tank valve. Picture 3 is a Yoke type regulator; picture 4 is a DIN regulator.

I hope this helps,

Couv

Edit: I won't get into the fight about which is better, that's for others to debate.

buegeladapt_light.jpg

To convert a Din reg.to a int.valve

seemann-din-int-adapter-klein_170x91.jpg

To convert a Din valve for a int.reg

cylinder%20valve%20din%20insert.jpg

To convert a Din valve to int.

OK.... I think I just learned something. What we in the US call a Yoke valve, called an A Clamp in the UK, is also known as an INT in some parts of the world?

cheers,

Couv

seemann-din-int-adapter-klein_170x91.jpg

To convert a Din valve for a int.reg

NOTE: ONLY FOR FILLS. Not for underwater use.

The only way to convert certain DIN valves (200 bar models only) for use with Yoke (or A-clamp, or INT(?) (INT is a new one on me, never heard that)) regulators is to use the little "donut" pictured last on your list. 300 bar DIN valves cannot be used with Yoke regs at all.

This page explains the difference best of all others I've seen out there:
http://www.ukrecscuba.org.uk/ukdiver/dinyoke.htm

Thank you very much to you all (weird, I didn't receive any emails that informed me that somebody replied) - so, sorry, for the delay.:)
We call the Yoke (A-clamp) INT here in Switzerland but anyway: the pictures really helped me and I think, I'm going for the DIN-regulator (although I'll mostly dive in the "INT-regions"). I either don't want to get into a fight but I've heard a lot of divers saying that DIN-regulators are much more better than the INT-ones. Also, here in Switzerland, DIN is the more common system.

Thank you very much to you all (weird, I didn't receive any emails that informed me that somebody replied) - so, sorry, for the delay.:)
We call the Yoke (A-clamp) INT here in Switzerland but anyway: the pictures really helped me and I think, I'm going for the DIN-regulator (although I'll mostly dive in the "INT-regions"). I either don't want to get into a fight but I've heard a lot of divers saying that DIN-regulators are much more better than the INT-ones. Also, here in Switzerland, DIN is the more common system.

Good call. I vastly prefer DIN to yoke. Much more secure, streamlined system, which does a better job of protecting the o-ring.

(Partially because people tend to take better care of the their regs, where the o-ring is with DIN, than their tanks, where the o-ring is with Yoke. Tanks get beat up a lot, get packed on the bottom with stuff piling on top, etc.)

Germany norme DIN for Europe,( like DOT for the US) and the yoke, clamp is called INT for International , i guess INT was the first system and is more common.
Heard of new norm for Nitrox is M26, different thread , so you can' t put a 1 stage on a nitrox tank ? Is that right ?

Heard of new norm for Nitrox is M26, different thread , so you can' t put a 1 stage on a nitrox tank ? Is that right ?

They're trying to legislate it in Europe, but from what I've read in other discussions, it's not going to be enforced so pretty much everyone will be ignoring that rule, and it will be business as usual.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom