Sources for hoses?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DrSteve

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I need to upgrade my primary hose - the current one is a little short and a little stiff. Any sources for such things? My reg is a US Divers, so I will need one with a compatible fitting. I looked on LeisurePro and couldn't find them!

Thanks!

I've US Divers Conshelf and Micra regs and both use standard hoses on the regs. I think there are only a few with non-standard (usually larger) hoses. They're pretty cheap, so rather than deal with shipping, I'd recommend you drop into your nearest LDS.

I have a need to put a 28" LP BC inflator hose on my backup reg set and both of my nearest LDS's quoted me $45 on this little filly. I do not think these hoses should cost that much. It is obscene. Where could I find one at a decent price in or around Houston? By the way, I design hardware that is used to train Astronauts so I do have a good idea what exotic hoses might cost and I am still appalled. Thanks for the advice.

Toe

You can't get yourself an astronaut piece of hardware? Shame! However, having worked with ultra high vacuum equipment and knowing the price of simple swagelock fittings and valves, 45 doesn't seem so bad. I suspect that most of the cost is in the connectors at each end and having someone put them on. Even simple swaging looks easy, but you can screw it up by overtightening even!

Toecutter:
I have a need to put a 28" LP BC inflator hose on my backup reg set and both of my nearest LDS's quoted me $45 on this little filly. I do not think these hoses should cost that much. It is obscene. Where could I find one at a decent price in or around Houston? By the way, I design hardware that is used to train Astronauts so I do have a good idea what exotic hoses might cost and I am still appalled. Thanks for the advice.

Toe

try Tim Leighton at tmmcontrct@aol.com. I buy repeatedly from him. The hoses run 15-28 depending on length and use(LP/HP). He sells tons on ebay.

I just bought a new 40" reg hose on eBay for $9. Look up seller piperjock. If you don't want to do eBay, in Houston you can try Kenlee's SCUBA/Guns in South Houston. His stuff is much cheaper than regular shops. The shop looks like crap, but gear is good. Happy shopping.

Toecutter:

Toe

One day ground shipping from Dallas - and standard inflator hoses are less than half that... $45 for a hose is a joke...

$45 for a hose is a joke...
Those darn Viking & Poseidon hoses aren't cheap, I'm embarassed to quote the retail, but at least I can sell well below that.
I had a pile of hoses that were "convertible", they were a 2nd stage reg hose with a QD on.
You couldn't really tell there was a 2nd stage fitting 'till ya unscrewed the QD from the end.
I looked up the adapter part & it was selling for more than what the entire hose assembly was.
The mysteries of retail pricing... :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom