South Florida trip coming. No dive buddy, tips on that and schedule?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Newly married? First marriage? Spouses always say they're okay with stuff, until they aren't okay with it. As a guy married for over 20 years, my honest advice is to cut that dive schedule by at least half. Either that, or see if your wife would like to go snorkeling, or do a Discover Scuba, or some sort of deal like that with you. Seriously, stuff like this - on a honeymoon no less - can potentially set off grudges that will smolder for decades..... just sayin...

WPB - Narcosis is a good operation and they put a free guide in the water so if you go alone just stay together with the group and follow the guide. Make sure you bring a sausage/smb because its all drift diving and its required. You can buy one at Force-e just down the street.

Key Largo - You said you're out on Rainbow Reef. Just keep in mind that weather down in S Florida is iffy in the winter and Rainbow Reef has a couple of things in your favor.... free guide in the water and they don't charge up front. Even if you cancel on the same day its not a problem.

Whatever you decide, it sounds like fun.
Enjoy

I don’t know where you will be at the time but no matter what she says I hope you have something really big planned for Christmas Eve and it might need to include something that sparkles.

Has she shown any interest in learning? The Keys would be a great place to start or just do a DSD.

Unfortunately not. She doesn't swim, and is very afraid of fish. If I'm in the water though it means she doesn't have to listen to me talking all the time.

Yeah, we got married back in November. I think I'll heed you're guys advice and maybe make a tweak or two.

So this is pretty funny. Once again demonstrating my awesome communication skills to her she said I was totally misunderstanding. This is just a road trip for her and she actually wants to do her honeymoon in Australia :oops:.

Plus we are stopping at Kennedy space center and overnighting in Orlando on the way down before any of the stuff here starts taking place.

So this is pretty funny. Once again demonstrating my awesome communication skills to her she said I was totally misunderstanding. This is just a road trip for her and she actually wants to do her honeymoon in Australia :oops:.

It’s a good thing they don’t have any diving in Australia. Imagine if they had even a small reef you could dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom