sp-350

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Okay folks, I am back from my trip and will post my results soon. Need to view them on the puter screen and then crop them in PS. Overall I was pleased with the results considering it was my first time using U/W Digital. They are by far better then anything I ever did with film....stay tuned.

I bought the SP-350 while in Key Largo this past week and the Olympus PT-30 Housing. I am pleased with the camera, but had doubts about the housing and returned it--partially because it was overpriced compared to internet pricing and partially because I wanted to research the Ikelite.

From my limited searches, it appears the PT-30 can be purchased for about $180 and the Ikelite for about $425 as compared to suggestd retail of $500.

I am new to underwater still photography, but have an Ikelite housing for a SONY mini camcorder and it has been very functional and trouble free.

I welcome any input on the pros and cons of the two housings and any suggested vendors for the Ikelite.

Thanks in advance,

I have been trying to upload some photos for the last 30 minutes and have had little success. Not sure why, but I did want to share some of my first attempts with everyone, I have even reduced the file size, all I get is an error message that says "upload failed".

The powers that be have been upgrading the photo gallery for the last few weeks. Its still not working.

One solution is to upload the photos to a free photo-hosting site (I used www.photobucket.com) and link the photos from there.

Cheers,
Rohan.

LindaBluedolphin:
I orderd a R-CRV-3 charger kit and extra battery got them very quickly. Will let y'all know how they work out after my Florida trip. I may even have some photos to post. I will need to find out from the operator how they handle camera handoff's on live drops (will be diving in WPB)

Lindabluedolphin - I didn't have time to search the posts for the best place to order rechargeable CRV-3's. Who did you order your charger kit from.

Anyone else have a reference?

Thx.

scubawifenmom:
Lindabluedolphin - I didn't have time to search the posts for the best place to order rechargeable CRV-3's. Who did you order your charger kit from.

Anyone else have a reference?

Thx.

I went with Thomas Distributing. Easy to use website, prompt service, I think I had them in 2-3 days via UPS. I was very pleased.

I decided to go with the CRV-3 vs. AA (I have those and a charger), but even with the firmware upgrade I was having some problems. The CRV-3 worked great.

I would recommend changing them after every couple of dives, mine died on the 2nd dive day (my own fault), and I did not bring a spare. I will always have a spare from now on.

Very nice first pics. You can post them directly by copying the IMG line under the picture in Photobucket and pasting it to your post. Make sure you include the brackets on both ends. 480x640 will post the right size (or anything close to it)

Hi at all.

My name is Marco and write from Italy.

After read the all post in this topic, i have decided to buy the SP-350 (only because the C-7070 is discontinued :soapbox: )

The quality/price relation is good.
In Italy:

SP-350 (with CR-V3 battery): 259€ ($333)
PT-030: 325€ ($414)
XD 1GB Type 'H' Olympus: 49€ ($62)

I have only a problem with the SUNPAK G-FLASH, i have found only in one shop... at the 299€ + Shipping ($380 + Shipping)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :confused: :confused:

You know the good online shop for buy this flash?
Or know another (inexpensive) flash?

Best Regards.

Marco.

Sorry for my bad english!!

Back
Top Bottom