SP Air 2 to Triple-L BCD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

archman:
That TUSA model looks like a virtual clone of the AIR2. I wonder if anything is different other than the name stamped on it. ScubaPro must be pissed to be ripped off so blatantly, unless they've brokered an agreement with TUSA.

Actually Tusa and SP work together on a bunch of products. The Air 2 is one of them. Also, Tusa is picking up the MK16 first stage from SP, and SP has just picked up a bunch of the Tusa masks. Most all these companies share products like that.

To think a single manufacturer would spin brass regs, plastic inject, rubber mold, sew wetsuits and BCs, solder chips... not going to happen. Each come up with their strong points, then they make stuff for each other. This happens all the time. Genesis/Sherwood is picking up the Dacor Tiger Fin, The Tusa Pano Geo mask will soon be available with a Scubapro name, etc...

You have shattered my bubble of reverence for ScubaPro. All this time, I clung to the notion that their products stood alone from everyone elses', like Mercedes. If other companies are cranking out the exact same bloody outstanding regulators (ScubaPro's biggest claim to fame), I should probably look into those companies and probably save a bucketload of money on purchases. I wonder what magical name TUSA will give to the Mk16. My LDS doesn't service ScubaPro; I should ask them if they'll do TUSA!

Next, somebody's gonna tell me that Oceanic is manufacturing Apeks regs. Dang.

I have never seen a Triple-L BC. re you guys talking about the corrugated hose? If so the things are so damn cheap that I would just buy a new one rather than fussing with an adapter. If you are talking about the inflator hsoe, I would buy one too. Not a big fan of adapters. What is it that you are having trouble with attaching the Air 2? As usual the topic of conversation has changed so quickly that I don't think that your question was answered. What poor customer service. HA HA

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom