Spanish Rocks/Sugar Barge (Regina)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rednose83

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Are these sites friendly for SCUBA newbies? We are considering diving these sites as our first ocean dives but would like to know if they are friendly first time sites.

Yes they are. The viz is really hit or miss but on a good day Spanish Rocks is a great dive. Regina is not a great dive. There isn't much left of it and its only about 11 feet deep.

Post when you are planing on going and you might get a S.rocks Vet to join ya. lota people going there right now looking for crabs.

I personally like the Regina dive because of the history involved with it. All you can see of the wreck is about the size of a volkswagen (not much). Stop in the SeaTrek dive shop and they will point you in the right direction and give you a little history on the wreck!
I have found a few crabs hanging out there and a 4lb weight so you may be able to find some treasure if you look!

I personally like the Regina dive because of the history involved with it. All you can see of the wreck is about the size of a volkswagen (not much). Stop in the SeaTrek dive shop and they will point you in the right direction and give you a little history on the wreck!
I have found a few crabs hanging out there and a 4lb weight so you may be able to find some treasure if you look!

They said it was $45 per diver to dive the barge.

[GOOGLE][/GOOGLE]
They said it was $45 per diver to dive the barge.

Who said that? There is no charge to dive Regina. Its a shore dive off of the beach down there. If someone is charging $45 for that then they are robbing people.

there is a little dive shop right over the bridge on cortez avenue (look on the left in little shooping center with a laundrymat)..... Mike the owner is a sweetheart and will draw you a map to the 4 local dive sites....think they are the sugar barge, pilings, little sunken rowboat and wall, and the spanish rocks. have to tell you that you can dive all 5 on a single tank...... but its wet and good practice...........

[GOOGLE][/GOOGLE]

Who said that? There is no charge to dive Regina. Its a shore dive off of the beach down there. If someone is charging $45 for that then they are robbing people.

The shop across the street. It's the price for a guide. We thought we'd like one since we are pretty new divers. I see how my initial comment was misleading. OOPS!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom