Spare Air Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aquanautchuck:
Hey Merlin, I just wonder how two uncertified divers bought Spare Air's. Every shop I have been in requires a c card to buy life support equipment. We never let students use Spare Air's nor Pony bottles in a OW class. They have enough going on.

Charles

I believe they purchased them from Leisure Pro (mail order).

The spare air units were not carried during the certification dives.

Aquanautchuck:
Hey Merlin, I just wonder how two uncertified divers bought Spare Air's. Every shop I have been in requires a c card to buy life support equipment. We never let students use Spare Air's nor Pony bottles in a OW class. They have enough going on.

Charles

so you're saying that if you have a half dozen students in a class and they all show up at the cash register with a $500 BC and $400 Reg etc. etc. etc you turn them away... until NEXT week? (month? - pick you class length and insert here) letting a sale 'get away'?

My experience with the shops on the west coast is that they check for certification prior to filling a tank but will sell anything short of a rebreather without asking for certification.

Back
Top Bottom