Spare Air

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaKimmie:
Yet you posted to it :)

I've used them a few times, mostly in a cavern that I'm not going very deep into or under a kelp canopy. While a 19 30 or 40 might give you lots of extra air you don't always need that much air to get out of trouble. I breathe fairly well and at 50 feet I"ll have plenty of air to get to the surface without the need to ditch weights.

On the other hand I've never needed it. It's not a waste but it isn't always necessary either.

:balloon - Hey SK - I used to live near Kaiser Hosp in South SJ - last time I went back to SJ was in 2003. sure did change ALOT since I moved in '97 - I know this is off topic but it's my thread.....:eek:fftopic: LOL!!

mauigal:
:balloon - Hey SK - I used to live near Kaiser Hosp in South SJ - last time I went back to SJ was in 2003. sure did change ALOT since I moved in '97 - I know this is off topic but it's my thread.....:eek:fftopic: LOL!!
Off of Santa Teresa then or cottle right? I live back in the Almaden Valley. But I've visited Kaiser for a stich or two before :)

It has changed a lot. What I'd love to change about it is me not living here. From your name I take it you love Maui right? I want to move there soon.

Sydney_Diver:
30 or 40 Bahhhhh thats not enough gas !!
I dont think you can ever have enough gas, or be too redundant :D

sm5.JPG

Cheers
Chris

LOL!

awap:
A Spare Air has its uses but it is like equipping your car with a can of fix-a-flat rather than a spare tire. Sometimes it might do the job, but other time it will leave you SOL.
I think that sums it up quite well. A good pony setup isnt much more.

Willie

That would be the place. San Ignacio was the closest main street to us. I really also miss having a pool.
Love Maui? I'd live there now if I could. My dad is from there. Used to go there almost every year when I lived in CA. Now that it's a 12 hr flight from ATL ..uggghhhh :crying: I have only been there once since I moved to GA. Hoping to go there next year or maybe Bermuda. I have not done much research on diving in Bermuda yet, it's much closer than Maui so we'll have to see.

rapidiver:
I especially like the handicapped sticker!

Yea, comes in handy! means I can park the beast anywhere on the boat and no one can complain about it.
Gets some funny looks walking down the pier though :D

Cheers
Chris

Sydney_Diver:
Yea, comes in handy! means I can park the beast anywhere on the boat and no one can complain about it.
Gets some funny looks walking down the pier though :D

Cheers
Chris

I'll have to get one of those!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom